Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do I need this Self Improvement Stuff?

It was long time back when I was still in my MBBS years. One of my friends could read "7 Habits of Highly Successful People". He was quite impressed with the book and recommended me.

"I do not need all this improvement stuff", I said, I am quite happy with the way I am. "

As time passed, I could not help to self-observation. Slowly humbled my ego, and I found the error to me. I was arrogant. I was poor at time management. I hesitated for a startConversation. I never planned my goals. I was more emotional than practical.

I was always a good student. I was best in my school days. I was competitive. I seek the best.But the best ever was in my area decided to do. There is a difference when you school.But local school in a rural, it is different when you compete at the national level in medical school to carry out in force.

I have for the first time

It was the first failure, I wouldoccurred.

I did it for the second time I had to study more. I did.

The MBBS is 5 and 1 / 2 years course.The aim of postgraduation comes at the end of the course. Nothing keeps you from the beginning objective. But I said I was not so practical. Another failure. A further pressure. I was in my post graduation.

After the study was completely different game. Are you a doctor, a student at the same time. You need to interact a lot with patients, colleagues, seniors,Bars, technicians.Suddenly find that you need to improve on themselves.

I looked in the direction and help. I watched the successful and effective clinicians. I observed good and not so good surgeons and their habits.I drunk and learned.

Of course, anything can be learned. You need only to that fact on the stress.

I learned a very important fact.

You have to be open in order to improve.

It was a kind of irony. I was open to learn from theEnvironment, but I was not prepared to accept that self-improvement book can help to me. This kind of duality had always existed, as I myself had always responded retrospectively.I analyzed my surroundings, but always closed his eyes when I get a chance, had about flights. This must be resolved. This must be resolved.

Reluctantly, I took the book my friend recommended a long time back. It was a good book.

It may sound ridiculous, but when we grow up we will begin to love ourWeaknesses instead of mending them. We show our pride in them. Somehow we convince our minds that we are unique in that the qualities we possess. And when we say that we mean quality also our weaknesses.

But we know that hardly any.

How many times have you heard these kind of statements-

I think with my heart.

I do not like to interact too much. I'm kind of introverted. Who needs to money.Why much should I work more!

And so on

But somewhere in our heads everyWe want success. Each of us wants to be rich. But we keep on our rejection, because it does not match our personality that we have created for ourselves. We want to achieve, but we are not prepared to meet the requirements of road success. I was blind books like a goat when it comes to self improvement.

I have always believed that no one can teach you to become better. But while I was on my learning environment available. I was learning from someone. Knowingly or unknowingly, someoneTeach me.

I was open to the idea but closed me at the mention of the topic. Slowly, I've killed, the irrational pride. I'm now an open person. One can learn from anywhere you want. The same applies to self-improvement stuff. It is also not the stuff that teaches us. We are there to learn from this material.

The world today requires a lot of interpersonal interaction. It is no longer a place dominated by hill. Today's society requires some basic skills inIn order to achieve this. Only a talent or quality can not carry you for. You need to have a number of qualities.

Even if a reading can only provoke thoughts in mind, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment