Monday, July 19, 2010

Self-Improvement - telling the truth

If you ask my grandchildren, "How's your grandmother's love more than you?" they will reply: "The Truth".

You see, when people speak the truth, the life easier. You do not try to analyze the information and as much as you can relax knowing that the person you may be familiar with.

My uncle, a retired judge, once told me that the justice can be slow, but it works. He explained that when a person is he / she to tell another lie that one has to cover up. Thenthey need to cover up a lie third, second and a fourth to cover up the third. This goes on and on, until finally the person forgets what was the first lie. Then they go to jail!

My daughter and I recently had a conversation about the children. She believes all children are. I believe that children get out of trouble - are not in trouble. Normally they are to others if they are afraid of consequences or think that somehow this is to protect.

Lyingnot pay.

In time the truth comes out, and once an individual is "caught" lie, others will always call into question their integrity. Sometimes, it can, in fact, the discovery that the person has lied to a situation where their whole reputation crumbling facade and we have known it is destroyed to a lifestyle that lead to the reveal shocking. Just look at Tiger Woods! He started with just a lie!

Watching The news can be daunting. Hardly a day goes by without a report of a so-called leadersfell from its pedestal, because they lied about something. They often try to minimize their behavior through the use of terms such as "I misspoke" or "I was misquoted" in their attempt to save face.

In 1808 Sir Walter Scott wrote: "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." Lying makes life complicated. You see, you must have a wonderful memory to keep your stories straight! And every time you lie, you risk losing your reputation.

I've foundOver the years it easier to say, the truth is. If I do something that could not have come out of the way that I wanted to say, I stopped myself immediately and loudly state, "No, that's not right." I then quickly follow up with an explanation that is more precise.

If there is a misunderstanding about the words I was using, I can do my best to apologize and explain what I meant.

When others tell me that a "Whopper" I politely confront them an opportunity to correcttheir story. You see, I want relations which are built on a foundation of honesty.

If you know in your heart that you are not always honest, it's not too late to change. There is no such thing as a "white lie" or a "fib." A lie is a lie.

Listen, what you tell others. Think about how you word things. Consider why you might not be comfortable with the truth with this person. And do you correct your statements before the conversation ended.

There are a lot of freedom intelling the truth. You will soon discover that it eliminates the fear of losing debt and the ability to respect others.

In fact, it probably will not last very long until you say to be honest in the situation that you love the truth more than anything else - even your grandchildren. And think of what a message and example that will be for them!

self marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment