Monday, November 29, 2010

Self-therapy

A few years ago I started therapy. I kept it a secret, when I started, it felt like it was not the kind of thing I could tell someone. I felt like it was embarrassing, and I was somehow ashamed.

Mostly I was irritated because I felt stupid and inadequate. If everyone else could cope on their own, why could not I? As far as I know, all my friends and family without assistance in order, and then there was losing me. But then I found quite different. When I started therapy, I begansay, my family and friends. I told them that it may be helpful to them when I want it on things that had thought might benefit from therapy.

Guess what happened? When I trust in other people I started in therapy, she began to tell me the same! It was like when I told them I would understand it was safe to tell me. We did not talk to them a secret from each other more.

I heard a lot of memorable stories. A friend in therapyfor depression in middle school. My hairdresser takes anti-anxiety medication for obsessive compulsive disorder. A person who is close to me, was on antidepressants for a while after the early death of both parents.

The people who told me these things she said, felt relieved to be able to share the information. They were tired of keeping the secret! I felt like I had support in my fight, and as I was not alone, just from hearing their stories.

Therapymade it clear that none of us are perfect. Also, there is no point trying to hide it, if you have difficulty. It is better to openly and honestly. If we the people, if there are things that go hard to say, you probably have similar experiences or give the people to support you in other ways. This is very helpful and can really make you feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment