Friday, May 14, 2010

Self-Improvement - A Challenge is simply a way in Disguise

Some of the toughest times of my life were the times I grew up. In any case I will go back and live those days again but I would not trade who I am today because of these difficult times. I am a better person today because I grew through these difficult times.

I have gained a lot of tennis over the years. A few years ago, I suffered a major injury to my right shoulder in a double match. I tore the shoulder capsule and dislocated my shoulder in my directionback.

I had surgery and I remember that my father said later that the operation may not have been successful. There was more damage than originally anticipated. I spent the next three weeks with my shoulder practically immobile. I then went about five months of physical therapy. The goal was to keep the shoulder strong and back to me as much freedom as possible.

All during that time I was inside a dream. I wanted to play tennis. I wanted to play in the GTEIndy Open, the tournament was a Semi-Pro. I had never played in a semi-pro tournament before. But I believed I could do it. I thought I could overcome this injury and play better than I ever played before.

After several months of hard work, I got back on the court, and finally in a tournament. The first tournaments were rough. My shoulder could handle only so much stress and then I would begin to serve underhanded in order to protect my shoulder. Do you know how hard it is to winMatch an underhand serve? But I stopped him and my hard work and faith paid off.

Eight months after the operation I went to a very special tennis court. It was a court hosting the GTE Indy Open. I was there! I have it! I'm just the first round in singles, but I was there. The dream was accomplished. The icing on the cake was the collaboration with my good friend Arnel Gallanosa for the doubles competition. We reached the quarter-finals, where we are number one seeded team playing in the tournament.We lost on that day but what an experience it. Not bad for a baby lying on an operating table, only eight months earlier.

The lessons I learned, faith and perseverance made all the pain I went through all worthwhile (not fun, but worth it). When hard times come Hang Tough and discover, to learn what you can, because this is an opportunity in disguise.

self marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment